Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween

Is there a better holiday/non-holiday for music? Sure, X-mas is fun, but it has nothing on the level of diversity or sheer quantity of tunes that can be directly linked and/or interpreted as Halloween music. Below I've posted a spooky soundtrack for your trick or treaters. I love the fun party-time Halloween jams (and I may end up posting a "more fun" mix later) but this year I was really feeling the need to be creeped-the-fuck-out. For some reason, I have a lot of this type of music. I swear I was never a goth. Enjoy and Happy Halloween.

(The songs are all mixed together and broken into 2 parts.)





















Grotto of Miracles Halloween mix Pt. 1 - Everybody's Afraid of Something
Afraid Intro / Coil - Hellraiser Theme / Swans - Coward / Third Eye Foundation - Corpses As Bedmates (edit) / The Birthday Party - Deep In The Woods / Oxbow - Insylum / Brian Reitzel - The One Who Fights / Psychic Ills - Witchcraft Breaker / Liars - Broken Witch / Jonny Greenwood - There Will Be Blood / Thought Gang - The Black Dog Runs At Night / Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Carny / Holger Czukay - Dark Moon / John Murphy - The Tunnel / CocoRosie - Werewolf




















Grotto of Miracles Halloween 2008 Pt. 2 - Tonight We Begin With Torture!
Torture Intro / Ennio Morricone - Humanity (Part II) / Coil - Tenderness Of Wolves / Wolf Eyes - Skull and Bone / Vasilisk - Fangs And Claws / Wojciech Kilar w/ Diamanda Galas - The Ring Of Fire / Butthole Surfers – Strangers Die Everyday / Dowser - Narishima no theme / Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady / Brian Reitzel - Vampired Johnny / Nurse With Wound - The Burial Of The Sardine / Sun City Girls - Spook / Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Grave Wisdom / Portishead - Small / Oneida - Black Chamber

No comments:

Best of 2020 / Top 50 +

Wow, what a year! Honestly, I'm simply happy to be here for another year-end wrap up.  For the first time in my life, I had to actually ...